Updated April 11, 2018
As a donor submitting personally identifying information (“Personal Information”) to us or any of our staff, you consent to the terms and conditions of the policy and to our processing and use of Personal Information for the purposes stated below.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us via one of the email addresses identified on our website or when you otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, with a question. We collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an event. We also collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, at a special event, or by mailing in a check. The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by PeerForward. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We will not sell, trade, or share your personal information collected on the website or through any other business activities with anyone else.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will only share your personal information if you give us specific permission to do so.
- PeerForward protects financial information received both on-line and off-line. We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration. PeerForward uses an accredited and secure online payment processing service. PeerForward does not store, nor do we have access to, your credit card information, bank account numbers or other account data sent through our processing services. Credit card payment information mailed to us off-line is shredded after payments have been processed.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify personal information with third parties if the information was collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
- Limited donor information, such as name and timeframe in which a donation was made, may be used for promotional and fundraising activities. PeerForward provides donors the option to have their name publicly associated with their donation or to remain anonymous (donors must specifically request to remain anonymous).